Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Kitchen Nook update...SMILE...BIG smile!

I have been obsessing over interior design blogs and furniture and decor websites the past couple weeks and I have finally made some decisions that I am IN LOVE with for our kitchen nook. YAY! Here is my latest design board. Now for the break down:
Medal chairs from Sundance Catalog. These ones look so much classier and WAY more comfortable than the Crate and Barrell ones. Dont you agree???
Burlap curtains. I can totally make these. And they would be SUPER cheap. Plus they tie in the color of the table with all of the greys.


I found 2 silver frames from Ikea in the clearance section for $4 a piece and I thought it would be cool to find a cool vintage map to cut in half and put on each side of our window in the kitchen nook. I have always LOVED this one from Restoration Hardware. Isnt it gorgeous! This just gets my idea across. Dont go thinking Im gonna drop $1200 on wall decor :)


And I LOVE this pendant light. We will probably need 2 above the table. I LOVE that its silver to mach the chairs. And I LOVE the industrial look of it. Im still on the hunt for the right size of these. I had to blow this picture up quite a bit. I am hoping to spend less than $300 on lighting. Wish me luck!!! Its a lot harder than I thought :(
We finally picked our wall color today. Hope to start painting tomorrow. Pictures to follow soon. I am SO excited I can hardly wait :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, if you want a silver light I would rethink this one cause it's oil rubbed bronze. Looks great! Can't wait to see it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, LOVE THE TABLE. LOVE the chair. Love the whole design concept. Really, the maps, the burlap. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete