Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Need your opinions...

We are redoing our kitchen nook WHICH I am super excited about. Not remodeling...just changing up color/decor and furniture. But its a lot harder than I thought meshing my taste with my hubbies. Here is what we have now. With the only difference is we stained the table a couple years back. So now its this dark ebony color. I have loved this table. We had it custom built. But Im ready for something different. We have had it for over 8 years and I want something more classic. Here is what I want to change:

Wall color from olive green to a light grey

Add a white washed brick (shown here) back splash in the kitchen and below the bar

Dining Table and chairs

light fixture

rugs in the kitchen (and maybe a rug under the dining table)

new curtains


Here is what I have found and fell in LOVE with so far!!!!

I LOVE this table from Restoration Hardware!!!!
With these chairs from Crate and Barrel. So kid friendly too. Gotta LOVE that :) And I LOVE their industrial look.
I adore this chandelier but SLIGHTLY out of our price range by $3000 do-lar-es! YIKES!!! But i LOVE that it is made out of seashells. So cool!I have searched everywhere I can think of online: Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn, Anthropologie, Crate and Barrell, Pier 1. But I still havent found an affordable Chandelier, Rugs for the kitchen sink and oven, and Curtains for the kitchen nook. I really want a fun and unique chandelier above the dining table. Something industrial would be perfect to tie in the medal chairs. And the family room is that dark blue/grey color so the rugs/curtains need to coordinate with that room as well. Im wanting to put in a white washed brick under the bar and in the kitchen as a back splash. I was inspired by this amazing designer who happens to be my beautiful sees-ta! She blogged about this kitchen which is where I fell in love with the white washed brick look! And why I want to lighten up my kitchen area a bit. SO any ideas of online stores with unique AND affordable chandeliers, rugs, and window treatments? Maybe I have hit a wall in the cyber world. Is it time for me to venture out to REAL life furniture stores with a 2 year old. haha! Please help :)

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the brick! You should do that for sure. The chandelier looks like weird pierced ears to me. Haha. Is it just me or do you see it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see it, Casey....but the idea of shells on a chandelier sounds beautiful. I love the brick too.

    Oh, and I would say no to the rug under the kitchen table...you have kids, chick. Imagine what a mess that would be!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!!! I actually went with a traditional black chandelier with svorski crystals. My mom bought it for us when we first bought this house. It's was at Lowe's on clearance for $60!!! It was a once in a life time kind of deal! I was so excited, I also got my kitchen chandelier for $20 on the same day!!! It was crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rug would prob be fine under the dining room table if you only use your dining room twice a year like us!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky, I LOVE that table. I want that table, so I will covet if you get it. I will come over and sit there dreaming it is mine. I think rugs are the best thing ever, love them, but I would not put one under my table in the kitchen. It would get too messy. The chairs are also super cool. I want to see it all when you get it done!

    ReplyDelete